It may be surprising that marketing techniques used in business can also be applied to churches. But this should not. Marketing is used to reach people. Churches are made up of community of people. However, they need to know to about the church.
Here are our six techniques:
- Identity– An identity is important for businesses and so it is for churches. Churches can vary in their identities and without a strong sense of one, the rest does not matter.
- Tag Line– what makes you remember a product or place? Chances are it is a great tagline. Creating one for a church speaks to its identity, summing it up in brief phrase. This is what we came up with for our most recent client Cross Life.
- Web Design– A great website is essential. It is often the first encounter with the church or business. It has to encompass the identity and tagline. Along with being easy to navigate and connect.
- Social Media– Using social media is the easiest way to connect to others. Having a good landing page is important to get the message out there. This cements the identity and tagline in the mind of your targeted audience.
- Promotion- Promoting of sermon series. We find churches go all out about promoting events but do not set aside a budget to promote new sermon series. The right marketing strategy is key to “selling” your product.
- Signage– Lastly we have signage. This ties in everything, branding, logo, identity and tagline. One glance and it is known exactly where they are or should go to. Check out our posts on “is your church ready for Easter” where we address things such as proper signage.
All these techniques come together to send the message of your church. We can help your church or ministry navigate these.
Contact us at Info@atstudios.co and we can have a chat!
I will also be teaching at a couple of conferences in October click on the link below to connect and learn more!
Would love to see you there!!